Home > Capabilities > Custom aluminum die cast mold service
Goal Sure Customized Service Manufacturing Capability
3D and 2D product drawings from customers, mold flow simulation steps are necessary. Any potential defects were found during the casting of aluminum die cast mold. For example, some parts have A-side and B-side requirements. Particularly for nickel finishing die casting parts. No any air porosity allowances, many of parts will need secondly machining. Have air bulb occur after machining. Some parts will have very strict tolerances in same axle. This time JSCAST CAE software will offer great solution.in fact all aluminum die casting molds manufactory designer need advanced CAE software to help their job, not only the experiences. DFM for customer confirm, the step of raw material quality checking is very important, particularly the mold core material checking. Now material of H13, SKD61, 8407, 1.2344, DH-31 widespread use in Ningbo die casting mold manufactory. We not only checking the checking the chemical composition and mechanical property. The material pure standard also very important for die casting tooling.
Any impurity contain in mold core will caused crack problem after thousands injection times, rough grinding, milling, and rough CNC machining before heat treatment. After heat treatment will take precision grinding and machining. In our pressure die casting mould workshop equipped with high speeding five axle machining center. EDM is widespread use in pressure die casting tools production. This EDM machines great advantage reduce machining cost and solved most complicate structure in HPDC dies, the disadvantage will get corrosion problem. So high standard EDM machines choose is critical. Remove oxidation material is necessary step after EDM machining. Aluminum injection tooling cavity polishing. Roughness of cavity also important for pressure die casting tooling injection times. Polishing direction should same direction with mold opening.
In addition, we can help you solve your questions about customized aluminum die casting mold service.
1. Perfect mold design is important for mold injection times and superior quality casting components.
2. Prevent molten aluminum alloy directly erosion corrosion mold cavity. Over 70% crack problem caused by part of mold over heating
3. The injection speed and filling velocity control well when casting gate located in thick part
4. For excellent air venting, the parting line better located the end of casting system
5. Let air have time escape from mold cavity before moving die and fixed die closed
6. Good parting line design should think about how to reduce deburr cost
7. For strict concentricity casting parts, the products same axle should locate in one cavity whatever female cavity or male cavity. Meet precision request at same time highest possible reduce secondly machining cost.
Die casting is a general process for producing engineering metal parts by pressing molten metal into reusable steel molds under high pressure. These dies, called dies, can be designed to produce complex shapes with high precision and repeatability. Parts can be clearly defined, have smooth or textured surfaces, and are suitable for a variety of attractive and available finishes.
The basic idea of aluminum die casting is to fill the mold with liquid metal in order to press it into any shape you want to cast. It is the preferred process for most industrial projects that require metal parts. Part of the reason is that although its start-up cost is higher than some other processes, in the long run, aluminum die cast molds can reduce unit costs, especially for mass production. In addition, aluminum die-casting also creates a smooth surface, giving the product a beautiful luster.
One of the most important factors to keep in mind when casting and producing metal products is lowering the temperature. High, uncontrolled temperatures can cause metals to burn and deteriorate, not to mention serious safety issues. Another benefit of aluminum die casting is that it helps alleviate these problems by lubricating the mold during the metal production process, which helps keep it cool and also makes it easier to remove the newly cast metal product after completion.
When the two halves are pressed together, the process is over and the molten metal is pressed into the space created by the two opposite molds. After the casting has solidified, the mold is opened and the part is taken out.
Hard tool or aluminum die cast mold is an excellent process to meet higher quantity casting requirements. Larger initial mold investment can significantly reduce recurring casting costs. The production of die castings has highly repeatable characteristics and tolerances.
Everything starts with the casting mold itself. The mold cavity is created by using two machined steel molds. Then, in the casting process, the use of these molds is similar to injection molds.
Die-casting molds use aluminum alloys and zinc alloys to produce castings of the same size that meet your manufacturing needs. Die-casting mold development is a universal process that can produce a large number of small and medium-sized castings.
For more information about die-casting mold manufacturing process, please contact us, we will be happy to provide you with any questions about die-casting molds and many die-casting mold processes.
Die casting is a manufacturing process that is usually used to produce metal parts with accurate dimensions, well-defined, smooth or textured surfaces. It is achieved by pressing molten metal into reusable metal molds under high pressure. The aluminum die cast molds process follows the follow-up procedures related to die casting mold manufacturing:
1. Create a mold in at least two parts to allow the casting to be removed correctly.
2. These parts are firmly installed in the machine and arranged so that one is fixed and the other is movable.
3. The two are clamped together tightly.
4. Molten metal is injected into the mold cavity, where it solidifies rapidly.
5. The two mold halves are pulled apart and the casting is pushed out.
Compared with sand mold or permanent mold process, HPDC (High Pressure Die Casting) is the fastest method in the industry to produce high-precision non-ferrous metal parts.
The pressure is concentrated on the high pressure and low pressure molds.
High-pressure casting is a casting aluminum die cast mold method in which alloy liquid is injected into the pressure chamber and the steel mold cavity is filled at high speed to form a hydraulic ejection casting.
Aluminum die cast molds is distinguished from other casting methods by its main characteristics of high pressure and high speed.
1. The molten metal fills the cavity under pressure and opens under the upward pressure. The common pressure is 15-100Mpa
2. The molten metal fills the cavity at high speed, usually 10-50 meters per second, and some exceed 80 meters per second (the linear velocity through the inner gate cavity-the inner gate speed), so the filling time of the molten metal Fill the cavity in a very short time (about 0.01-0.2 seconds).
1. Fast filling, high production efficiency.
2. Molded under high pressure, the product has high compactness, high product strength and surface hardness, but the product has a low elongation rate.
3. Good surface finish
4. Production of thin-walled parts, the thinnest die-casting wall thickness can be chrome-plated 0.5mm
5. The filling is fast, there is a lot of gas involved in the inside, and the product has poor porosity.
6. Not heat-treatable, the internal gas will expand during heat-treatment, causing defects such as bulging or cracking of the product
7. The processing allowance is small. If the processing volume is too large, the dense layer on the surface will be destroyed, and the internal pores will be exposed, which will reduce the strength of the product.
8. High mold cost and short mold life
Aluminum die casting molds are currently widely used molds. Due to the long production cycle, large investment, and high manufacturing precision, the cost is relatively high. Therefore, it is hoped that the aluminum die-casting mold has a long service life. However, due to a series of factors such as materials, processing, and use, molds often fail prematurely and are scrapped, resulting in a lot of waste.
The most important factor is the quality of the material, because aluminum alloy die casting molds are more harmful. If the material is not good, the die may be scrapped after 30,000 to 40,000 die castings. From the customer's point of view, the cost of opening an aluminum alloy die-casting mold is very high. If the life is short, the new product may not be profitable; from the perspective of the die casting plant, once it is scrapped, it will inevitably fail to meet the delivery time. There are still many mold problems.
As mentioned above, there are many different variables when considering die casting projects. In solving these problems, you want to know that you are working with an aluminum casting expert who understands the ins and outs of the industry and can provide the best advice on which method is best for you.
We will work with you to take you through each of the processes listed above and describe how to best apply them to your specific needs. In addition, we are happy to answer any questions you have about the die casting process and how it works for you.
Every die casting project is different, and we treat your order with due care and individuality. Contact us now to get a free quote for your next aluminum die casting project.